zavřít
cs
Indoor Swimming Pool

Indoor Swimming Pool

The construction of an indoor swimming pool by architect Antonín Novák is strictly subordinated to the place and purpose of the construction and follows the long-term concept of development of the recreational and sports complex Černá hora, which was developed by architect Aleš Burian in 2000, children's pool, whirlpool, water slide, sauna and outdoor swimming pool. Construction of the pool began in 2009 and was completed in 2010. The author of the indoor pool design is the architectural ...

celkový pohled

New Municipal Hall

The extension of the Piarist college building is one of the buildings included in the implemented Revitalization of the Castle Hill in Litomyšl project. It was completed in June 2015. The building, designed by the Burian Křivinka Architects studio, is connected to the Piarist dormitory and includes the new municipal hall and library of the Faculty of Restoration of the University of Pardubice. The extension on the corner of Jiráskova and Zámecká streets in Litomyšl is a partially sunken ...

Riding Hall and Upper Courtyard

Riding Hall and Upper Courtyard

The riding hall has been an important part of the unique area of the castle hill for centuries. The first data on the construction of the riding hall are from 1635. After 1726, the restoration after the fire was carried out by the architect F. M. Kaňka. In the 1970s, the entire building was extensively renovated. In order to ensure sufficient load-bearing capacity, due to the location of the archive in the attic of the riding hall, a concrete ceiling and truss was built as part of these ...

Municipal Sports Hall

Municipal Sports Hall

The gym is located in the western part of the new campus and closes its inner atrium. In extracurricular times, it is used as a municipal sports hall. This fact, together with the requirement of a possible redistribution of the gym so that it could be used for two school groups for P.E. at the same time, determined its size. The basic dimension of the playing area is 42.6 x 21.6 m, the height of the gym is 10.8 m to the lower level of the trusses. The gym includes a grandstand for 200 visitors. ...

Sport Tennis Hall and Bowling Hall

Sport Tennis Hall and Bowling Hall

The SPORT tennis hall designed by the Brno architects Hrůša and Pelčák was opened in the Líbánky complex in the autumn of 1999, an extension with bowling in the winter of 2001. It is a sports hall with one tennis court in a fixed hall, two covered clay courts in an inflatable hall, three squash courts and four bowling alleys. Petr Kvíčala's abstract art complements the modern design of the hall, is said to be very sober against Váchal. Even this rarity can be a good reason to visit ...

Monastery Gardens

Monastery Gardens

The beautiful municipal park is located near the castle area and is surrounded by two churches. The gardens were created in 2000 according to a project by Zdeněk Sendler, Radek Květ and Václav Babka. Here you can see the statues of Olbram and Jasan Zoubek. From the gardens there is a beautiful view of the city skyline and at the same time it is a few steps from the Piarist church or the castle.

Primary School of T. G. Masaryk

Primary School of T. G. Masaryk

Three classroom wings in the shape of the letter U define a semi-enclosed courtyard, which is used for games and relaxation for students during breaks and extracurricular activities. The courtyard ends with an outdoor amphitheater, using the existing terrain. The whole area is closed on the west side by a gym. However, the courtyard, like the whole school, is not closed and communicates with the surroundings through the glazed parts of the individual facades. The gym is used as a municipal ...

Bus Station (Bělidla)

Bus Station (Bělidla)

The original bus station was oversized for a ten thousand town, which is why the reconstruction of the Bělidla site started in August 2006. The city of Litomyšl is not the operator of the bus transport or does not manage the dispatch building, therefore was only partly involved in the financing of the sidewalks and part of the greenery. However, it played an important role as the coordinator of the whole project. The basic feature of the Bělidla locality is the uniform character in the ...

Apartment House A1

Apartment House A1

The zoning plan for the new residential complex in the U Nemocnice locality was prepared in the years 1994 - 1995. The authors are Viktor and Martin Rudiš. Individual apartments, of different sizes and different arrangements, are opened by wide windows into the interior of the block. Public areas offer plenty of parking space, a logical network of walking paths and a playground. The street in the new development is designed economically to ensure comfortable service, but also a quiet ...

Apartment Houses A2, A3

Apartment Houses A2, A3

In September 2002, 38 new housing units were built in the city in apartment buildings A2 and A3 in the U Nemocnice locality. House A1 with 74 residential units was the first to be built in this locality. Two years later, the construction of the A4 house with 34 residential units and 38 garage spaces was completed. The appearance of apartment buildings A2 and A3 came from an invited architectural competition. Based on it, the design of AP ATELIER by Josef Pleskot, Radek Lampa and Filip ...

Tribune of the Summer Stadium Černá hora

Tribune of the Summer Stadium Černá hora

Already in 2002, the city stadium received an artificial surface polytan "M", new benches, steps (grandstand on the slope), railings, irrigation of green areas. The next phase of the completion of this area was the construction of the grandstand building, including the roof. It also included the reconstruction of roads at the stadium, the construction of a throwing ring, the addition of a grandstand on the slope, railings between the individual fields, the reconstruction of fencing and the ...

Apartment House A4 with Parking Garage

Apartment House A4 with Parking Garage

The authors of the A4 apartment building project are architects Martin and Viktor Rudiš. The building of collective garages is connected to the residential house A4 on two sides. The roof is made as a green area with artificial irrigation during the growing season. There are 38 garage spaces in the building. Fenced front gardens are partly located on the roof area of the collective garages and the remaining area is public. The construction of the A4 apartment building with a parking garage was ...

Memorial of Zdeněk Kopal - Sculpture "Dvojhvězda"

Memorial of Zdeněk Kopal - Sculpture "Dvojhvězda"

A unique sculpture dedicated to the memory of the famous native, astronomer Zdeněk Kopal, was ceremoniously unveiled on the occasion of his late 90th birthday on April 3, 2004. The sculpture by Federico Diaz and Marián Karel adorns Havlíčkova Street. More precisely, the place where the birthplace of this world-famous astronomer, a pioneer of the theory of close binary stars and the author of maps of the Moon, stood.
The restored sculpture of the binary is placed on a subtle carbon rod at a ...

celkový pohled

Roofing of the Winter Stadium

The aim of the project was to modify the Litomyšl ice rink in such a way that its higher comfort better serves athletes and spectators, and not only during hockey matches. The project of roofing and cladding of the winter stadium was based on a study of the completion of the Černá hora sports complex. The author of the proposal is Ing. arch. Aleš Burian. The reconstruction of the winter stadium took place gradually according to financial possibilities. In 2002, a new grandstand for ...

Apartment House A5

Apartment House A5

House A5 with a total of 28 rental apartments is located on the edge of the slope, the elevation of which enabled the construction of covered parking spaces and cellars for all apartments. The ground floor connects with the upper level of the terrain, so the individual apartments on this level have their own gardens. The apartments located on the first floor have outdoor terraces and are moved to the ground floor apartments to the west. This creates shaded loggias for the lower apartments. The ...

dvorek

Castle Brewery (SROP)

The castle brewery, together with the first courtyard, riding hall, stables and the so-called official house, belongs to the property of the City of Litomyšl. Since the beginning of the 1990s, the town hall management has been trying to find a suitable use for the building of the former castle brewery. In the end, we managed to conclude an agreement with the European Alliance YMCA, which carried out educational and training activities here. In addition to social halls, there is accommodation ...

pobytový most

River Loučná Embankment

In the autumn of 2001, the first stage of the reconstruction of Comenius Square was started. This step was preceded by a competition of three architectural offices, to which the City of Litomyšl commissioned the elaboration of the project. The commission, which included not only members of the city council, the professional public and representatives of the Ministry for Regional Development, but also citizens of the housing estate, announced the winning design of the AP ateliér Pleskot ...

hlavní průčelí

Castle Brewery (IOP) and I. Courtyard

The castle brewery has been an integral part of the castle since the middle of the sixteenth century. The brewery underwent a fundamental transformation after a fire in 1728, when it received a Baroque appearance according to the project of the architect František Maxmilián Kaňka. In 1824, the future world famous composer Bedřich Smetana was born in the brewery (his father František Smetana was a brewer there).
After that, the brewery had many years of hardship and the search for a ...

Máchadlo and Mariánská Street

Máchadlo and Mariánská Street

Máchadlo is located in Mariánská Street, close to the castle area. Over time, the original function of máchadlo was changed to an ornamental water element, and the reconstruction also adapted to this. The reconstruction also included restoration work on the so-called Kašínka of the Virgin Mary, which is an integral part of máchadlo. The most interesting and for the operation of the máchadlo also the most important part of the reconstruction was the provision of water, but also, for ...

celkový pohled

Piarist Church of the Finding of the Holy Cross

Baroque Church of the Finding of the Holy Cross, which can be found at the top of the castle hill, was built between 1714 and 1725. The construction was started by the Italian builder Giovanni Battista Alliprandi and after his death František Maxmilián Kaňka took over the completion of the church. The church burned down four times in the past and after 1968 it was closed and gradually fell into disrepair. In the years 2011 - 2015, the building underwent a complete reconstruction according to ...

herní prvek

River Loučná Embankment (Proměny Foundation)

Come and visit the newly built playground in the locality of Vodní valy in the immediate vicinity of the historic centre. The unusual game elements were  designed by scupltors Dušan Záhoranský and Pavla Sceranková. This artistically designed playground with musical motifs was open to public in 2017. The solution of the space arose from the architectural competition Award of Proměny Foundation 2013, and was based, among other things, on a survey of the wishes and needs of the people who ...

interiér

Modernization of Premises of ZUŠ B. Smetany

The aim of the project was to reconstruct the remaining unused part of the attic of the historic building of ZUŠ B. Smetany, which enabled the creation of a concert hall and three new classrooms. The expansion of the space enabled the implementation of a new concept of teaching electronic instruments, music theory and children's choir. The mission of the project is to provide students with education in the chosen art field with regard to their needs and possibilities, and thus to cultivate ...

alej filosofů

Immediate Castle Surrounding

The castle road accepts the right arch of the historical road. This is further enhanced by the placement of a new concrete pavement with a one-sided railing. New paved paths were created here. All healthy, mature trees have been preserved around the monument of Alois Jirásek. The connection between the city center and the castle hill has been strengthened, which is of irreplaceable importance. Alley of Philosophers - the path under the high wall of the castle garden hides the secrets of ...

chodba s výstavou studentských prací

Piarist College Building

The Piarist College building has a typical square layout for monasteries with an inner cloister and a garden of paradise. Until 2003, the monastery served to accommodate students of the pedagogical school, since then it has been used by the Faculty of Restoration of the University of Pardubice. Even with regard to the historical context, the investor considered the further use of the dormitory for education to be optimal. The project also included the completion of a building on the corner of ...

hlediště občasné letní scény

Castle Park

Litomyšl Castle has always been surrounded by a garden. Sources from the end of the 16th century say that on one side of the castle there is an ornamental garden (probably today's French) and on the other two sides there is a garden surrounded by a wall and old fruit trees. About 1803, the garden was arranged in the English style, there was a small temple, aviary, water reservoir and artificial waterfalls. In 1808, a statue of a reclining lion was erected on an artificial hill, which is still ...

Tourist facilities

Tourist facilities

In the middle of Smetana Square near the town hall tower you will find new tourist facilities. The local town hall provides space to relax. Here you will find new benches, a water feature but also an unusual view of the town hall tower. In the tourist facilities you can also use modern toilets, shower, changing table, luggage or bicycle storage. There is also an information kiosk with a map of the city and tips for exploring Litomyšl and its surroundings. The new town hall is also used for ...

 
Youtube Litomyšl