The Church of St. Anne is a baroque building from 1670-72. Orders for its construction came from the wife of Count Jan Friedrich von Trautmannsdorf, Marie Anna née Berka of Duba and Lipa. The church was altered at the end of the 18th century (windows to the presbytery, entrance lobby in 1800) and restored in 1872. The preserved decoration of the church is partially original and dates from the 1770's (side altar). Today's altar dates from 1795 (the picture of St. Anne was painted by the Kutna Hora painter J. Èoliè).
Burial in the cemetery surrounding the church was gradually introduced after the Josephine Reforms, and on a permanent basis from 1831. From 1448 until that time, burials took place at the provost church (the Church of St. Anne was used on rare occasions, for example during the bubonic plague). In 1887-90 the cemetery was expanded to the size that we see today. The neo-renaissance gate on the city side was built in 1897.
At the Litomysl cemetery we can find a number of graves belonging to famous personages and several artistically interesting tombstones. Those buried here include Marenka, daughter of Alois Jirasek, the daughters of Tereza Novakova, and Magdalena Rettig, as well as a number of other artists, scientists and leading citizens of Litomysl. By the walls of the Church there are several graves of leading members of the Piarist order.
The almost forgotten Jewish Cemetery dating from 1876, which lies to the north of the centre of the city, is of interest. The Jewish community in Litomysl was liquidated during the Second World War, when the last burial probably took place. (Another Jewish monument - the synagogue dating from 1909-10 - later succumbed to housing on Komenského namesti/Komensky Square). The cemetery is not maintained, and over the past few years most of the tombstones have fallen and are now overgrown.